Terms & Conditions
Art. 1 Applicable norms
Besides these general conditions, the sale contract of a tourist package is also regulated by the clauses pointed out in the tourist package documentation, given to the Client. This contract is also regulated by the Law of the 27th Dec.1977 no. 1084, ratified and executed by the International Travel Contract Convention (CCV), subscribed on the 23rd April1970 in Bruxelles. In addition to the above mentioned CCV, the sale contract of a tourist package is also regulated by the Legislative Decree n. 79 of the 23rd May 2011 (“Code of Tourism”, art. 32-51) and its following amendments and by the regulations of the Civil Code concerning transportation and mandate.
Art. 2 Technical data
The tourist package is organized and operated by Italian EVENt BETTER Srl, Travel Agency and Tour Operator located in Via G. Gozzi 55, 30172 Venezia Mestre on the basis of the authorization of the Province of Venice Decree No. 31090 on 6th April 2017.
Art. 3 Contract contribution
This contract comprises these general conditions and the printed program.
Art. 4 Price – revision
The program indicates the price of the tourist package and may only be modified following changes in the transportation costs (including the fuel cost; taxes and fees on some tourist services, such as landing and embarkation or disembarkation fees, in ports and airports) and exchange rates applied to the package itself. Price revision will be determined in proportion to the variations of the above mentioned elements and the Client will be informed of the element causing the variation in price. If the amount of the increase of the price exceeds 10% of the total cost or if the Client is informed of the price revision 20 days before the starting date of the tourist package, the Client is entitled to cancel the booking and receive a full refund of all monies the Client has paid to the organizing Agency or alternatively purchase another tourist package of the same quality or superior without any additional costs or an inferior tourist package with the restitution of the difference in price.
Art. 5 Guarantee fund (art. 50 e 51 Cod. Tur.)
The organizing Agency possesses an insurance policy in compliance with the laws in force, for travels abroad and travels in only one country, that in the event of insolvency or bankruptcy of the Organizer, provides the refund of the money already paid and the return journey (if abroad). The identification data of the legal subject that, on behalf of the organizer, is liable for the guarantee are Filodiretto Protection Policy n. 6006000675/Z del 08/05/2017 issued by Filo Diretto Assicurazioni S.p.A.
Art. 6 The Organizer’s responsibility
The Organizer’s responsibility towards the Client for any damage caused by lacking or inaccurate fulfillment of the obligation of this contract is regulated by the following laws and the international standards described above in art. 1. Therefore, for no reason may the organizer’s responsibility toward the Client exceed the limits described by these laws and regulations concerning the damage caused.
The organizing Agency is responsible for any damages caused to the Client because of a full or partial non-fulfilment of the services established by the purchase contract. This is valid when the services are operated directly by the organizing Agency, but also in case the services are operated by third party suppliers.
In the event that Italian Event Better operates as Travel agent (Vendor) when the booking is made, it does not have any responsibility concerning the organization of the package and only responds to matters linked to its capacity as an intermediary and always inside the limits set by the above mentioned documents.
The Organizer and Vendor will not have any responsibility for non-fulfilments of the conditions caused by the Client or due to force majeure. In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which the organizing Agency / the supplier of the service / the Third Party supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, political or industrial disputes, adverse weather conditions, strikes, closure of museums, border closures, refusal of visas, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disasters, epidemics, drought, flood, fire, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules, rescheduling of aircrafts or boats, any other event outside our control which either delays or extends or reduces the trip, or compels a change in the trip arrangements after the departure and all similar events outside the control of the concerned party. In these circumstances, the organizing Agency could cancel the implementation of the tourist package or change the scheduled itinerary suggesting an alternative itinerary without any variation of the price. In this event, the Client will be informed as soon as possible by the organizing Agency. No refunds will be made and no further costs or expenses will be paid as a result of the above mentioned circumstances.
In addition the Organization will not be held responsible for damages resulting from services offered by unknown third parties that are not part of the package or that derive from the Client’s autonomous initiatives during the tourist package.
Art. 7 The Client’s responsibility
The person who makes the booking is responsible for his/her own actions and also for the actions of all other members of the party before and during the tourist package. The organizing Agency expects all Clients to have consideration of others and to behave appropriately. If, in the reasonable opinion of the organizing Agency/the supplier of the service/the Third Party supplier, a Client causes or is likely to cause danger, distress, upset or significant annoyance to anyone or damages some properties, the organizing Agency is entitled, without prior notice where appropriate, to terminate the tourist package for the person concerned. No refunds will be made and no further costs or expenses will be paid as a result of the termination. If the organizing Agency incurs in any expense as a result of the behavior of the Client, the person concerned will be obliged to reimburse the organizing Agency for that expense.
Art. 8 General Conditions
Any reservation by the Client must be confirmed by e-mail by the Organizing agency. A minimum of 48-hour notice is required to handle the request.
If specified in the tourist package, a minimum number of participants is required to carry out some activities such as guided visits or excursions. In this case, reservations are based on the availability of places and on the availability of the language spoken by the tour guide or tour leader.
In addition, Italian EVENt BETTER reserves the right to cancel or modify a tourist package if and when there are extraordinary closures of monuments or churches, strikes or unexpected unavailability of Third parties. The organizing Agency will do its best to inform the Client before the start of the tourist package.
All Clients that are minors (less than 18 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the minor for the duration of the tourist package.
Decisions taken by the tour guide or tour leader are mandatory in all events that may jeopardize the personal safety and the health of all people involved in the tourist package. Laws, customs and regulations in force in Italy must be observed at any time. In addition, the Client must accept instructions given by the organizing Agency during the use of the tourist package.
Art. 9 Complaints
Any inadequacy in executing this contract must be swiftly reported to the organizing Agency/the supplier of the service/the Third Party supplier by the Client to enable them to find a solution as quickly as possible. The Client must also file his/her complaint in writing by a registered e-mail addressed to the organizing Agency or the Vendor not later than 10 days from the last day of the tourist package.
- You are kindly requested to immediately notify Italian EVENt BETTER by writing if the Supplier is unable to provide a satisfying service;
- Complaints and inquiries shall be forwarded to the Città Metropolitana di Venezia (San Marco, 2662 30124 – Venezia; e-mail: email@example.com) and Italian EVENt BETTER ( Via G. Gozzi 55, 30172 Venezia; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) (art. 81 della L.R. 33/2002)
Art. 10 Deposit and Payment
Full payment is due at the time of booking from the Client to Italian EVENt BETTER.
If full payment is not received by such due date, Italian EVENt BETTER may change the rate payable for the Product, or may treat the booking of such Product as cancelled, at Italian EVENt BETTER’s sole discretion.
Art. 11 Cancellation terms
- Within 8 days prior to the date of the service – 30% penalty plus any non-refundable costs incurred (such as museum tickets)
- From 7 days to 48 hours prior to the start time of the service – 50% penalty plus any non-refundable costs incurred (such as museum tickets)
- From 48 hours to 0 hours prior to the start time of the service or in case of no show – 100% penalty
- Cancellations must be notified in written form sending an e-mail to the booking contact e – mail email@example.com
- Meeting time is 15 minutes before the start time. The organizing Agency is not able to delay group tours for late arrivals. If the tour is private, the Organizing Agency will make every effort to reschedule the tour, where applicable. Any costs incurred by the Organizing Agency for the rescheduling will be on-charged to the Client. Refunds cannot be provided in case of No Show or late arrivals.
- Non-return of audio equipment will result in a penalty charge of 100,00 € per device.
- In case of cancellation from 48 hours to max 3 hours before the start of the tourist package due to bad weather forecast, the Organizing Agency will suggest an alternative itinerary without any variation of the price and of typology of the tourist package or the Organizing Agency will suggest an alternative date. In case of non-acceptance of the alternative proposal by the Client, the Organizing Agency will held an amount equal to 30% of the total charge of the tourist package as coverage for the incurred booking costs. The remaining amount (equal to 70% of the total price) will be refunded to the Client. Only the Organizing Agency is entitled to the evaluation of bad weather forecasts in order to cancel the tourist package.
- The Organizing Agency reserves the right to cancel a booked service with at least 48 hours’ notice (including the hour when the service is scheduled to start) from the date and time scheduled for the service, and this will be done in writing by e-mail or certified email address (PEC) by notifying the Client.
- Within the same time period, it will send to the Client an offering of a tourist service of the same quality and price, which the customer, within the following 48 hours, will be able to accept or reject.
- If the client does not accept the alternative offer, the Organizing Agency will return only the sum paid for the service, without any further obligation to pay compensation and/or indemnity.
The use of personal data, that are necessary for the drafting and the application of the sale contract, is in accordance with the Italian Law (Decree DLGS 196/2003). The Client’s information (name, surname, contact details, special requests) may be disclosed to Third Parties (service providers) only for the purposes of the sale contract.
Art. 13 Competent Forum
The contract is governed by Italian law.
The Forum of Venice will be the only competent forum for any controversy.
Italian EVENt BETTER, Srl, Travel Agency and Tour Operator, Via G. Gozzi 55, 30172 Venezia Mestre
Authorization of the Province of Venice Register No. 31090 on 6th April 2017.
Insurance Policy: no. 8986951 issued by EuropAssistance Italia S.p.a. (art.50 of the Code of Tourism D. Lg. n 79/2011).
This program has been forwarded to the Città Metropolitana di Venezia on May 2016.